Friends, we as a programmer love to run our program at super fast speed and this becomes true with GOOGLE COLAB.
If you are a programmer working in python have used Jupyter notebook previously, you would quickly learn to use Google Colab. To be specific, Colab is a free Jupyter notebook environment that runs entirely in the cloud. The most important advantage is it does not require setup and the notebooks that you create can be simultaneously edited by your team members in similar ways like you edit documents in Google Docs. Colab supports many popular machine learning libraries which can be easily loaded in your notebook.
This is very simple to use. And most importantly, we can use the free GPU for running our large datasets.
Advantages of COLAB:
The following points are the keenest features
1. Write and execute code in Python programming
2 Can easily Create/Upload/Share notebooks
3.Document code that supports mathematical equations
4. Can Import/Save notebooks from/to Google Drive
5. Can Import/Publish notebooks from GitHub
6.Import external datasets e.g. from Kaggle etc
7.Integrate PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV
8.Free Cloud service with free GPU
Steps to set up the GPU in COLAB
- Open the COLAB and login with your Gmail ID.
- It will pop up the following window after successful login.
3. Once you click on NEW NOTEBOOK, the new juypter notebook will be created.
4. To opt for GPU, click on Runtime and select Change Runtime type. You must get the following window:
5. Click on GPU option.
6. Click on Save.
There you go, Once the settings are saved, you can easily run your program by using the GPU.